Okay, given the release and announcement of new Apple products and iTunes 8, there are a lot of users that would definitely complain about a supposed known issue when they upgrade to iTunes 8 in their Windows Vista operated computers.
It usually happens when a user plugs-in their iPHONE or iPOD to their Windows Vista operated computers and they have recently upgraded to iTunes 8. An interesting find after digging into this website:
Here’s the suggested fix for the said BSOD: iTunes 8 plus usbaapl64.sys plus Vista equals BSOD
The Blue Screen Of Death will note the error is with usbaapl64.sys.
These problems are actually related to Logitech and HP drivers. You need to uninstall iTunes 8.0 and then remove any Logitech and HP drivers on your system. Then you can re-install iTunes 8.0. However, the downside of this is that your Logitech and HP hardware will no longer since the drivers were removed.
Most often, removing or unplugging the HP or Logitech device from your computer is already enough to prevent the error without the tedious job of uninstalling the drivers. Sometimes, moving your USB device or Apple device to different USB ports may also work.
With this kind of error on the loose, I’m confident Apple will release a fix soon. However, until a fix is yet to be found, you can just downgrade your itunes to an older version temporarily. But that’s a very tricky process though. 😉 Here’re the steps:
1. Uninstall all Apple Products including quicktime, apple mobile device support, and iTunes.
2. Download and install older version of iTunes 7.7.
3. Go to your iTunes music folder.
4. Backup (or rename) your iTunes Library.itl file and then delete it. By backing up this file in a safe place you will keep your iTunes 8.0 library intact.
5. Open the Previous iTunes Library folder.
6. Copy the most recent .itl file to your main iTunes music folder and name it iTunes Library.itl
7. Start iTunes.
8. Deauthorize and then Reauthorize computer (if you don’t, you will have to reinstall all the apps onto your iPhone). You can find this option through the Store Menu.
9. Sync with fingers crossed. 🙂